The NYC Skateboarding Meetup Group Message Board › Astoria Park under RFK Bridge...

Astoria Park under RFK Bridge...

Ray G.
user 11894844
New York, NY
Post #: 2
Is officially "unofficially" open. Link to some pics. It actually doesn't really look anything at all like the original plans looked (similar to the Astral Fountain Park), but at least it's finally open after 3 yrs of bureaucracy.

http://www.astoriafic...­
Matthew A.
user 4456723
Rego Park, NY
Post #: 65
I'm looking forward to skating this one. Some transition and small street stuff. I feel that Chelsea is too gnarly and you need to know transition, and flushing meadows the big set of steps is kind of wasted space.
I was on the injured list for three weeks, maybe I can post a meetup for next weekend. Not this weekend but the next one.
A former member
Post #: 8
I'm looking forward to skating this one. Some transition and small street stuff. I feel that Chelsea is too gnarly and you need to know transition, and flushing meadows the big set of steps is kind of wasted space.
I was on the injured list for three weeks, maybe I can post a meetup for next weekend. Not this weekend but the next one.

Any pics of the Triboro bridge spot?
A former member
Post #: 9

This weekend at Owls Head Bayridge Brooklyn Old Man Jam Saturday and Skate comp and Jam on Sunday.
Ray G.
user 11894844
New York, NY
Post #: 3

My original post has a link that has pics...
Jennifer
Uptown-
New York, NY
Post #: 107
This park is just so good.

I'­m looking forward to skating this one. Some transition and small street stuff. I feel that Chelsea is too gnarly and you need to know transition, and flushing meadows the big set of steps is kind of wasted space.

This weekend at Owls Head Bayridge Brooklyn Old Man Jam Saturday and Skate comp and Jam on Sunday.

Matthew A.
user 4456723
Rego Park, NY
Post #: 66
I've been skating at at Astoria the past few weekends. It's my favorite park now. Is it worth to make a meetup for it for Saturday or Sunday mornings?
Harold Hunter day is at L.E.S. this Sunday for those interested.
matt
user 6960084
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 52
yo matt, i want to check out that rfk park sometime this week probably. you going to be skating this week?
Matthew A.
user 4456723
Rego Park, NY
Post #: 67
Matt!, It's been awhile.
I can go there Saturday or Sunday. I'm skating on weekends now. It's such a fun park
-Matt
Jason S.
user 10559267
Bronx, NY
Post #: 3
Hit me up i wanna see whats good with that park if ya dont mind of course.