align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Greater L.A. Skeptics Meetup Group Message Board › Is God All in Your Head?

Is God All in Your Head?

Gary H
gary100dm
North Hollywood, CA
Post #: 34
Brain / Neurology
Is God All in Your Head?

Video:

http://video.newsweek...­

09/14/08: Harvard's Michael Craig Miller on what happens in the brain when people have spiritual experiences.

//video.newsweek [dot] com/#?c=40211&l=1785302026&t=179­2947337
A former member
Post #: 13
> Is God All in Your Head?

Well, yes! Where else would it be, in your ass?
Whatever one believes, sees, or thinks goes through the brain. That which is 'real' to one might not be real to another. That's my opinion. LOL, guess some time or another I'll read what Michael Miller says. If I ever get around to it. Want to sum it up?
A former member
Post #: 1
Consensus about what is real is a major social issue... and an interesting philosophical issue. Once the Great Depression hit Germany, the ideas of the Nazi Party suddenly became "real" to a lot more people than before. I think the exploration of how that consensus gets made is a fascinating topic in itself. Why do we believe or not believe one consensus or another?
Gary H
gary100dm
North Hollywood, CA
Post #: 46
Agreeing with Alexander Justice...

Perception is probably half or more of reality, especially social reality.

Problem is "believing" in perceptions and myths that are untrue or unsupported by the evidence makes the "real" world a mess.

Gary