addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

KC Metropolitan Skeptics Message Board › from Iggy - two meetups scheduled by mistake on October 4th for Skeptics Group

from Iggy - two meetups scheduled by mistake on October 4th for Skeptics Group

Kansas City S.
user 6125311
Overland Park, KS

Hey, peeps!

Looks like there are two Meetups on Oct 4th scheduled for Skeptics. I scheduled the Cryonics one as Karyn was out of town and did not delete the first one as I forgot about it.

Also, I just noticed that it is scheduled for 7 p.m. and not 7:30 as regular Skeptics meetups were. I don't know if this makes any difference or not as I just automatically set it for 7 p.m. because virtually all metups in town are at 7 p.m. and I just subconsciously went with it.

If 7:30 works better for everyone, we can start the meeting at 7:30. I am going to be there anyway earlier, setting up my laptop, the projector, the loud speakers, also the powerpoint slide presentation Catherine will send me, she also will need to be connected to my laptop remotely via VPN and be able to control it herself as if she was here. She will be in Florida at the office of Suspended Animation, so this is going to be a cool remote experiment in technology.

In case you guys don't now or don't read your e-mail, there is a Heartland Humanists dinner tonight Saturday 6:30 p.m. and tomorrow Sunday, 28th is just choke full of freethinking activities in Kansas City!!!!

Below is interactive map with links to Kansas City FreeThinking groups and links to calendar of events, locations and topics

Saturday, September 27, 2008

6:30 p.m. - Heartland Humanist's September Dinner

Sunday, September 28, 2008

7-8 a.m. - Voice of Reason Radio Show on 90.1 FM, KKFI, Kansas City Community Radio

10:00 a.m. - Skeptical Religious Study - Hinduism
11:15 a.m. - Islam

Time: 11:00 a.m.
Science & Science Fiction Book Club

12:00 p.m. Community of Reason Membership Meeting
1:00 p.m. - Lecture "Missionary Positions: A New Approach to Sexual Ethics" by Rev. Rebecca Turner

Time: 3:30 p.m.
Event: Cross Meetup of KC FreeThought Meetups
Place: Planet Sub, 4928 Main St, Kansas City, MO 64112

Here is the map - http://maps.live.com/...­