Peter Detmold Park has got to be the city's most secret park! It also happens to be a nice quiet place to sketch, as we found out when the group went there two years ago. Let's go again. There's a hidden staircase behind a building on a quiet street that leads down to the park. It's got plenty of seats and trees to draw, a cool arbor, an old castle-like building, and a walkway over the park that looks across the river.
We'll meet on the corner of 1st ave and 51st st, so it's easy for everyone to find, and then we'll walk to the park together. Try not to be late because it will be hard to find us later!
Any problems on the day of the event, I can be reached at[masked]-9816.
What makes our Meetups different from other art groups and classes? There's no instruction, but we like to share our work, and talk and discuss. Share tips and learn from people in a casual environment where all levels of artists are welcome!
- We sketch for a bit, usually half an hour to an hour, and then get back together and share our drawings, and then sketch again, etc. There's usually time for 3 or 4 sketches.
- Feel free to bring any media you like to work with - pens, pencil, watercolor, pastel, small sketchbook or large paper, iPad, whatever suits you.
- We hand out nametags so everyone can meet one another!
- We take photos to share on the site later. Bring your camera!
- The event will last three hours.
- This Meetup is FREE and everyone at all skill levels is welcome!
In case of rain, I will let people know early in the morning if it is canceled, and then reschedule for another day.
Looking forward to sketching with you!
Please note that if you add a comment below it will spam everyone with an email, so please use your judgement.