Have you ever been to Roosevelt Island? Turns out it's littered with parks and views to draw. There's the FDR memorial, an old abandoned hospital that looks like a castle, the 59th street bridge, and views of the city skyline.
We'll meet at the entrance to Southpoint Park. It's actually really easy to get to. Take the air tram or the F train to Roosevelt Island, then walk south (for the equivalent of about 5 short blocks). You should bump into us.
We'll sketch Southpoint Park and then Four Freedoms Park. Any problems on the day of the event, I can be reached at [masked].
What makes our Meetups different from other art groups and classes? There's no instruction, but we like to share our work, and talk and discuss. Share tips and learn from people in a casual environment where all levels of artists are welcome!
- We sketch for a bit, usually 45 minutes or so, and then get back together and share our drawings, and then sketch again, etc. There's usually time for 3 or 4 sketches.
- Feel free to bring any media you like to work with - pens, pencil, watercolor, pastel, small sketchbook or large paper, iPad, whatever suits you.
- We hand out nametags so everyone can meet one another!
- We take photos to share on the site later. Bring your camera!
- The event will last three hours.
- This Meetup is FREE and everyone at all skill levels is welcome!
In case of rain, I will let people know early in the morning if it is canceled, and then reschedule for another day.
Looking forward to sketching with you!
Please note that if you add a comment below it will spam everyone with an email, so please use your judgement.