Feel like drawing bridges? The East River Promenade was overhauled recently, and it's a beautiful walk. We're going to start by meeting up at the circle in the middle of Corlears Hook Park (Fun fact for the kids: this is where the term hooker comes from. But the area has been cleaned up a bit since the 1820s.) Then we'll walk and sketch along the promenade, including under the Williamsburg bridge.
Any problems on the day of the event, I can be reached at [masked].
What makes our Meetups different from other art groups and classes? There's no instruction, but we like to share our work, and chat and be inspired. Share tips and learn from people in a casual environment where all levels of artists are welcome!
- We sketch for a bit, usually 45 minutes or so, and then get back together and share our drawings, and then sketch again, etc. There's usually time for 3 or 4 sketches.
- Feel free to bring any media you like to work with - pens, pencil, watercolor, pastel, small sketchbook or large paper, iPad, whatever suits you.
- We hand out nametags so everyone can meet one another!
- We take photos to share on the site later. Bring your camera!
- The event will last three hours.
- This Meetup is FREE and everyone at all skill levels is welcome!
In case of rain, I will let people know early in the morning if it is canceled, and then reschedule for another day.
Looking forward to sketching with you!
Please note that if you add a comment below it will spam everyone with an email, so please use your judgement.