Our portrait drawing last year was a big success, so let's do it again - this time in one of the city's nicest quiet parks. (I'm biased since I live next door.) We'll meet in the center of the park's western side. 2nd Avenue splits the park in half, so we'll be on the side between 2nd & 3rd Avenues. It's not a huge park, you'll find us. Then we'll pair up (or 3-up) and practice drawing each other. The park has plenty of benches. We'll take a look at the art, and then grab new partners and try again.
So, to attend, you need to: be willing to get drawn, be on time, and be able to sit still for a half hour as a model. Also, please don't shy away from this event due to art inexperience ... this is a sketch group, not a finished painting group. The goal is to create a fun and expressive sketch, or just use the time for practice, even if you don't think you captured a likeness perfectly. No one is expecting full-body Sargent oil portraits.
This is a great way to both create some cool sketches and meet new people at the same time. See you then!
Any problems on the day of the event, I can be reached at [masked].
What makes our Meetups different from other art groups and classes? There's no instruction, but we like to share our work, and chat and be inspired. Share tips and learn from people in a casual environment where all levels of artists are welcome! Don't be shy to ask anyone anything!
• We sketch for a bit, usually 45 minutes or so, and then get back together and share our drawings, and then sketch again, etc. There's usually time for 3 or 4 sketches.
• Feel free to bring any media you like to work with - pens, pencil, watercolor, pastel, small sketchbook or large paper, iPad, whatever suits you.
• We hand out nametags so everyone can meet one another!
• We take photos to share on the site later. Bring your camera!
• The event will last three hours.
• This Meetup is FREE and everyone at all skill levels is welcome!
In case of rain, I will let people know early in the morning if it is canceled, and then reschedule for another day.
Looking forward to sketching with you!
Please note that if you add a comment below it will spam everyone with an email, so please use your judgement.