An ideal park for the group: not too crowded, incredible views both within the park and along its scenic promenade high above the river ... and convenient bathrooms. :) You can also draw Gracie Mansion, the 59th street bridge, and a lighthouse. We'll meet at 84th street and East End Ave (2 blocks over from 1st avenue). Come sketch with us!
Any problems on the day of the event, I can be reached at [masked].
What makes our Meetups different from other art groups and classes? There's no instruction, but we like to share our work, and chat and be inspired. Share tips and learn from people in a casual environment where all levels of artists are welcome! Don't be shy to ask anyone anything!
• We sketch for a bit, usually 45 minutes or so, and then get back together and share our drawings, and then sketch again, etc. There's usually time for 3 or 4 sketches.
• Feel free to bring any media you like to work with - pens, pencil, watercolor, pastel, small sketchbook or large paper, iPad, whatever suits you.
• We hand out nametags so everyone can meet one another!
• We take photos to share on the site later. Bring your camera!
• The event will last three hours.
• This Meetup is FREE and everyone at all skill levels is welcome!
In case of rain, I will let people know early in the morning if it is canceled, and then reschedule for another day.
Looking forward to sketching with you!
Please note that if you add a comment below it will spam everyone with an email, so PLEASE use your judgement. With great power comes great responsibility.