The Harlem Meer is a beautiful quiet pond at the far north end of Central Park. We'll meet at the northeast corner entrance of the park: Central Park North (110th street) and 5th Avenue. The area is called Duke Ellington Circle. Then we'll walk over to the Discovery Center for a nice view of the Meer and its ducks. Then we'll circle around to a few great high points overlooking the whole area and sketch some more. Please note that there will be a little bit of walking, and some of it is uphill.
Any problems on the day of the event, I can be reached at [masked].
What makes our Meetups different from other art groups and classes? There's no instruction, but we like to share our work, and chat and be inspired. Share tips and learn from people in a casual environment where all levels of artists are welcome! Don't be shy to ask anyone anything!
• We sketch for a bit, usually 45 minutes or so, and then get back together and share our drawings, and then sketch again, etc. There's usually time for 3 or 4 sketches.
• Feel free to bring any media you like to work with - pens, pencil, watercolor, pastel, small sketchbook or large paper, iPad, whatever suits you.
• We hand out nametags so everyone can meet one another!
• We take photos to share on the site later. Bring your camera!
• The event will last three hours.
• This Meetup is FREE and everyone at all skill levels is welcome!
In case of rain, I will let people know early in the morning if it is canceled, and then reschedule for another day.
Looking forward to sketching with you!
Please note that if you add a comment below it will spam everyone with an email, so please use your judgeement.