Have you ever been here before? Turns out there's a whole State park jutting out of Manhattan over the Hudson. Look at the view:
It's a little confusing to get to, so pay close attention: Walk west on 145th Street, PAST Riverside Drive, and OVER the west side highway, and you'll enter the park. We'll be at the entrance. Closest subway stop is the 1 line.
Any problems on the day of the event, I can be reached at [masked].
Looking forward to sketching with you!
What makes our Meetups different from other art groups and classes? There's no instruction, but we like to share our work, and chat and be inspired. Share tips and learn from people in a casual environment where all levels of artists are welcome! Don't be shy to ask anyone anything!
• We sketch for a bit, usually 45 minutes or so, and then get back together and share our drawings, and then sketch again, etc. There's usually time for 3 or 4 sketches.
• Feel free to bring any media you like to work with - pens, pencil, watercolor, pastel, small sketchbook or large paper, iPad, whatever suits you.
• We hand out nametags so everyone can meet one another!
• We take photos to share on the site later. Bring your camera!
• The event will last three hours.
• Please take care to make sure we do not leave any trash behind. Please also leave any dogs at home; they tend to knock over the artwork. Thanks.
• This Meetup is FREE and everyone at all skill levels is welcome!
In case of rain, I will let people know early in the morning if it is canceled, and then reschedule for another day.
How does the Wait List work? If the event is full, rsvp to be added to the Wait List. If someone from the regular list cancels, the first person on the Wait List is automatically bumped up to regular attendee.
Please note that if you add a comment below it will spam everyone with an email, so please use your judgement.