Stuyvesant Park is one of my favorite parks, though that's probably just because I live down the street from it. It's quiet and understated but has some nice stuff to draw, particularly the fountains and the Quaker buildings along Rutherford Place. We'll meet at 11:00am at 17th st. and Rutherford Place (this is between 2nd and 3rd avenues.)
What makes our Meetups different from other art groups and classes? It's because we like to share our work, and talk, and enjoy the sights. Share tips and learn from people in a casual environment where all levels of artists are welcome!
- We sketch for a half hour or so and then share our drawings, and then sketch again, etc.
- Feel free to bring any media you like to work with - pens, pencil, watercolor, pastel, small sketchbook or large paper, whatever suits you.
- We hand out nametags so everyone can meet one another!
- We take photos to share on the site later. Bring your camera!
- The event usually lasts three hours, but is not rigid.
- The Meetup is free and everyone at all skill levels is welcome! Including friends and innocent bystanders!
In case of rain: If it is raining, I will probably re-schedule the event. Our Meetups are weather-dependent, so it can be confusing if it is sort-of-raining. If in doubt, call me at [masked]. Looking forward to sketching with you!