The Morgan Library & Museum is currently showing an exhibit called "Durer to de Kooning: 100 Master Drawings from Munich". (If you're balking at the idea of sketching a de Kooning, the exhibit includes Michelangelo, Raphael, Titian, Rembrandt, and more.) We'll sketch in that gallery as well as the beautiful library rooms, not to mention the building's architecture itself.
The museum is a tight space so I have to limit the attendance for this one, unfortunately. They are also very strict about only sketching in pencil. Sorry, painters. Please don't get us in trouble! Also please note that we will be mostly standing to sketch. If you don't think you're up for that, please let someone else take your spot. I'm very sorry about that, but thems the rules. If this all turns out to be too limiting for the group, then we won't sketch here again, but I wanted to try it out once.
It's located on Madison Avenue at 36th st. We'll meet in the lobby at 11:00. The Meetup is free except for admission, which is $15 ($10 for students & seniors). If you're lost, call me at[masked]-9816.
What makes our Meetups different from other art groups and classes? It's because we like to share our work, and talk, and enjoy the sights. Share tips and learn from people in a casual environment where all levels of artists are welcome!
- We sketch for a half hour or so and then share our drawings, and then sketch again, etc.
- All you need to bring is a sketchpad and a pencil.
- We hand out nametags so everyone can meet one another!
- We take photos to share on the site later. Bring your camera!
- The event usually lasts three hours, but is not rigid.
- Everyone at all skill levels is welcome! Including friends and innocent bystanders!
Looking forward to sketching with you!