addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

SLC Tech Startups Message Board › How to profit from creating an online game?

How to profit from creating an online game?

A former member
Post #: 2
So as a hobby of mine I developed a multiplayer online jigsaw puzzle website. While I've spent quite a bit of time and effort in the ongoing development of it; I've benefitted by learning and improving my skill set. Problem is that I would like to somehow profit from this. Currently, it doesn't receive enough traffic to make much from pay per view ads. It's still in alpha stage. And the cost of the load on the server versus the ad revenue doesn't seem like it would balance out. I'm just guessing here as I've never had any experience with ad networks.

So, as I see it, I have a few options:

• Find an ad network that would make sense. Maybe www.projectwonderful.com ?
  • Subscription plan of some sort with a limited 'free' option.
  • Offer things/features that users can buy.
  • Use the site to show what I'm capable of in hopes of landing a contract job. (I already am employed as a Front End Web Developer, so I'm not really looking for more work.)
  • All the above?