Friendly Cigar Smokers of NYC Message Board › A message from Kevin Whitely

A message from Kevin Whitely

Bob D.
user 11987531
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 6
When I first moved to New York City a few years ago I began joining different meet up groups around the city. They varied in subject and were all enjoyable. As time went on I drifted in and out of attending their events. Most of them I haven't been to in quite awhile. One I was even banned from!!! The guy didn't like my politics. Who'd of thunk?

Of all the meet up groups that I've been involved with during this time the Friendly Cigar Smokers of NYC is the only one where I made sure I attended every event. There was just no way I wanted to miss one!!!

There really is only one reason that I've had such a great time and have been so devoted to attending every function that's been held.

The members. You guys have to be the nicest, friendliest, most fun and interesting bunch of people in the entire Meet Up world!!!! I always had a great time at every event. Each and every one of you have brought many a broad smile to my face, made me laugh, made me think and certainly made my time with you very enjoyable and special to me.

I also want to thank our Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler Bobby DeRusso for sending me the email that announced the first meet up of the group. To think that it started with just the two of us in the Cigar Inn over two years ago is really amazing. You're not just a great organizer for the group Bobby, you're also a great friend. Your warmth and personality have been the driving forces behind the groups steady growth.

I'm going to miss everyone of you guys and I'm already jealous that I won't be around for the next event at Circa Tabac, I'll be well on my way to my new home by then, but you can be sure that I'll be tipping my hat and toasting you all at the appropriate time with one of my delicious Padron '64's!!!

Once I'm settled in I'll be contacting the folks at Meet Up to establish the First Satellite Location of the Friendly Cigar Smokers of NYC!!!! I hope you can all attend at least one meet up there over the next year. Maybe you could make a group trip to visit me? Sort of a Cigar Pilgrimage!!!

So take care everybody!!! It's been great knowing you and please keep in touch!!! You can either email me here or talk to Bobby for my direct email address.
Tom
user 14291527
Bayside, NY
Post #: 1
Hey Kevin,
Even though I only knew you briefly it felt like I knew you longer. You're very easy to talk to and I really enjoyed our conversations. Best of luck to you and maybe I'll see you again when Bob takes our cigar show on the road...
Tom