addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Friendly Cigar Smokers of NYC Message Board › My View of the Oct 14, 2010 NYC Council hearing On the Outdoor Smoking Ban

My View of the Oct 14, 2010 NYC Council hearing On the Outdoor Smoking Ban Intro. # 332

A former member
Post #: 4
Evening All,
The Meeting at the City Council on Thurs. 10/14/10 was well attended. Many Thanks to J. Glynn Loope from C. R. A., De La Concha General Manager Ron Melendi, New York Tobacconists Association, Audrey Silk myself, & others.
We all should be aware that Councilman James Vacca complained about receiving over 1,000 E mail CRA Petitions. That we took up his Email space & wasted his time.
Councilman Robert James has an open mind, & is against a Nanny government. Councilman Daniel Halloren, showed the council how the city's Numbers were off as to Garbage from smokers & pollution. Lets Not Forget Councilwoman Rosie Mendez for her support.
I offered my objections, So did many others. My thanks to all.
Councilman Peter Vallone JR. Offered a compromise Intro # 381. This would offer 80% Beaches & Large Parks NO Smoking & 20% Smoking. .
Hopefully this will start members to our side.
Your Cigar Buddy,
Lenny Waller
Bob D.
user 11987531
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 2
Thanks for posting an update on this important matter Lenny. I wasn't able to make that meeting.