How to Be More
with Michael Jeffreys
“Realize deeply that the present moment
is all you ever have.” –Eckhart Tolle
To be present means to experience THIS moment directly, as it is, without mental commentary. It's a state of BEing versus DOing. However, if your mind is always thinking, always going, always chattering, you literally miss the NOW moment because you are lost in conceptual past or imagined future, neither of which actually exits in the present moment!
In my 7 years of leading the SM Eckhart Tolle meetup, I've noticed that many of us have difficulty simply BEing present. We are so addicted to thinking, that to "not think" actually feels foreign to us... even boring!
Topics covered at the Workshop:
- How our addiction to stimulation keeps us from being present, i.e., TV, radio, surfing the internet, movies, reading books, email, facebook, cell phones, etc.
- Past and future are thought... presence is the absence of thought!
- What to do when we are caught up in an emotion, like anger, depression or anxiety and can't seem "to get" present.
- How unconscious self-hatred and guilt keep us from enjoying the present moment
- The NOW is the "movie screen" on which the movie called "your life" appears on/in.
- The NOW never moves, changes or speaks, but is stillness itself.
Join us Sunday, March 24, from 1-4pm at Westwood Park (1350 Supulveda Blvd.) in West LA. (We will meet at "Aidan's Playground" sign, in the children's play area), for the "How to Be More PRESENT" workshop. Due to the size of the picnic tables at the park, class size is limited to 12 (5 on each side and 2 on the end in folding chairs).
Please pre-pay via paypal to reserve your spot (*if you don't have paypal, you can pay at the park).