Jan 4, 2014 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
This month, we continue our exploration of science fiction films from 1968 to 1977 with . . .The Andromeda Strain! This 1971 film is based on the bestselling 1969 novel by Michael Crichton. It's a high-tech procedural thriller in which a group of scientists sequestered in a secret underground facility race against time to find a cure for a deadly disease brought back by a space probe. Let's kick off the New Year with the End of the World! (Or is it?)
The usual reminders:
* Please Please PLEASE if you RSVP and then discover you can't make it, change your RSVP so those on the wait list won't miss an opportunity to come. (I take a very dim view of no-shows, as some former members can attest.) If you have a significant other who'd also like to participate, please have him/her join this meet-up and RSVP separately. We have very limited space (10 people max), so unanticipated guests will really put a pinch on the seating situation.
* Doors open at 7PM, movie starts at 8PM.
* This is a potluck, so bring something good to eat or drink to share. We will provide a main dish, plus a couple of bottles of wine and a six-pack of beer.
* A donation of $2 per person is humbly requested to offset the costs associated with this event.
* We try to run a shoeless household, so please leave your shoes in the foyer when you arrive.
* Finally, we have a very fluffy, very friendly cat. So, if you're not a cat person--you've been warned!
We look forward to seeing you!