April 5, 2014 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
This month: 1971's Omega Man! Charlton Heston stars as Col. Robert Neville, an army scientist who's one of the few survivors of a man-made plague that has killed most of humanity, and turned the remnant into nocturnal albino mutants (festive, yes?). Neville holes up in a fortified apartment building in a deserted Los Angeles, killing mutants by day and trying to maintain his sanity during the lonely nights.
This is the SECOND feature film adaptation of Richard Matheson's seminal 1954 sci-fi/horror novel I Am Legend (the first being Vincent Price's 1964 low-budget The Last Man on Earth; the third being Will Smith's 2007 blockbuster with the same title).
"Definition of a scientist - a man who understands nothing until there was nothing left to understand."
The usual reminders:
* Please Please PLEASE if you RSVP and then discover you can't make it, change your RSVP so those on the wait list won't miss an opportunity to come. (I take a very dim view of no-shows, as some former members can attest.) If you have a significant other who'd also like to participate, please have him/her join this meet-up and RSVP separately. We have very limited space (10 people max), so unanticipated guests will really put a pinch on the seating situation.
* Doors open at 7PM, movie starts at 8PM.
* This is a potluck, so bring something good to eat or drink to share. We will provide a main dish, plus a couple of bottles of wine and a six-pack of beer.
* A donation of $2 per person is humbly requested to offset the costs associated with this event.
* We try to run a shoeless household, so please leave your shoes in the foyer when you arrive.
* Finally, we have a very fluffy, very friendly cat. So, if you're not a cat person--you've been warned!
We look forward to seeing you!