Jun 7, 2014 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Our next film is 1972's environmentally-themed Silent Running. Before Bruce Dern became Hollywood's go-to guy to play cranky old men, he starred in this film as Freeman Lowell, an astronaut assigned to care for Earth's last forest, which is contained within a large, domed spacecraft. When financial considerations result in an order to jettison the forest, Lowell must decide between his loyalty to nature and his obligations to his employer.
The usual reminders:
* Please Please PLEASE if you RSVP and then discover you can't make it, change your RSVP so those on the wait list won't miss an opportunity to come. (I take a very dim view of no-shows, as some former members can attest.) If you have a significant other who'd also like to participate, please have him/her join this meet-up and RSVP separately. We have very limited space (10 people max), so unanticipated guests will really put a pinch on the seating situation.
* Doors open at 7PM, movie starts at 8PM.
* This is a potluck, so bring something good to eat or drink to share. We will provide a main dish, plus a couple of bottles of wine and a six-pack of beer.
* A donation of $2 per person is humbly requested to offset the costs associated with this event.
* We try to run a shoeless household, so please leave your shoes in the foyer when you arrive.
* Finally, we have a very fluffy, very friendly cat. So, if you're not a cat person--you've been warned!
We look forward to seeing you!