Welcome to Snider's Sci-Fi Movie Night! This group meets in a home in north metro Atlanta on the 1st Saturday of each month (with occasional exceptions) for a private screening of a classic science fiction film.
Movies are selected by the host. For the foreseeable future the theme is "Between Han and HAL," an exploration of sci-fi films released after 2001: A Space Odyssey but before Star Wars.
* Please Please PLEASE if you RSVP and then discover you can't make it, change your RSVP so those on the wait list won't miss an opportunity to come. (We take a very dim view of no-shows, as some former members can attest.) If you have a significant other who'd also like to participate, please have him/her join this meet-up and RSVP separately. We have very limited space (10 people max), so unanticipated guests will really put a pinch on the seating situation.
* Doors open at 7PM, movie starts at 8PM.
* This is also a potluck, so bring something good to eat or drink to share. We will provide a main dish, plus a couple of bottles of wine and a six-pack of beer.
* A donation of $2 per person is humbly requested to offset the costs associated with this event.
* We try to run a shoeless household, so please leave your shoes in the foyer when you arrive.
* Finally, we have a very fluffy, very friendly cat. So, if you're not a cat person--you've been warned!