Finding real contentment through Mindfulness!
Background on our speaker - Rita O'Donovan
With 20 years experience working as a therapist & trainer Rita has facilitated open and closed programmes such as Yoga, Relaxation/ Visualization and Neuro Linguistic Programme (NLP).
Rita runs 8 week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction courses and has a private practice specialising in people who are confronting health challenges psychologically, physically and emotionally...see website link http://ritasmindfulnessblog.com/about/
Rita has completed her Master’s studies in Teaching Mindfulness Based Courses both MBSR and MBCT (Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy) to the level of a Postgraduate Diploma at the University of Wales, Bangor.
Settling into the space – five minute practice relaxing into your space.
What is Mindfulness?
Open with discussing on what mindfulness is.
Mindfulness is explored through direct experience. Participants are guided through a focused sensory eating meditation (usually Satsuma’s/ raisins)
Exploring the difference between being mindful and our habitual ‘autopilot mode’.
Discussion will take place around the exercise and participant’s observations and experiences. Hopefully in a fun and lively way!
Introducing; A twenty minute Sitting Meditation with emphasis on ‘sound’ (with meditation bowl) and supporting awareness of body sensations. Open friendly discussion on how participants found the exercise and any other observations found.
How the attendees will benefit from the seminar
1. This talk is a ‘taster session’ with an aim to encourage people to explore and experience Mindfulness in a formal and informal way.
2. Through participation the group will have personal experience in noticing the difference between being mindful and the habitual pattern of autopilot mode.
3. Attendees will have a broader awareness on the positive effects of being present and aware. How learning the art of mindfulness can lead to a decrease in stress and anxiety, and supports self-awareness and over all wellbeing.
€12 (€10 out work / student) on the door
Very relaxed and interactive meetup,
We will have demonstrations, opportunity to practice in groups and a great social atmosphere.
7:30 - 8:15 Seminar
8:15 - 8:30 Coffe break
8:30 - 9:20 Seminar wrap up
9:20 Onwards: Informal Social chat
Open to everyone to join and then socialize
Free tea/ coffee and biscuits and healthy snacks
FREE PARKING AT THE REAR OF THE BUILDING
When you drive into to the Lantern centre, continue right to the end where you'll find a number of parking spaces.
How to find us
• If you are coming the city centre by foot, go up Harcourt St ( away from the city centre ) and continue walking parallel with the luas line until you can't go any further. At this the luas takes a sharp left, you turn right.
• After the right turn, continue straight past one set of traffic lights until you meet a 2nd set of lights. There will be a spar on the opposite side of the road on your left. Cross over the road continuing in a straight line. You are now on Harrington St.
• You will walk past a cafe called Tiesan, there will be a laneway after the cafe, don't take this right but the following one.
• You are now on Synge St, walk down Synge St for about 200 metres and the Lantern is on your left handside.
• Walk in the main entrance between a red brick and grey brick building. The entrance will be 50 metres up on the left hand side.
There will be meetup signs outside