Emotional Intelligence – Understanding oneself and others
Background on our speaker – Paula King
Paula King is a Psychologist and Leadership Coach with a passionate interest in assisting individuals operate at their peak potential and regularly speaks throughout Europe, recent engagements have been in Greece, Holland, Ireland and France. In 2013 Paula is the keynote speaker for the EAEF at their International Conference and for ESB International for International Women’s Day. She will also hold a Master Class on the subject of Authentic Leadership in New York in April and again in Greece in May.
Registered with the British Psychological Society, Paula holds an MSc in Coaching and Organisational Development from Portsmouth University and is the President of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council.
So what will be discussed?
At the end of our evening together we will have:
• Explored the concept of Emotional Intelligence – what it is and why it matters.
• ‘Tuned’ in to our emotions
• Have an understanding of Neural Connections
• Been introduced to Positive Psychology
How the attendees will benefit from the seminar
1. Will gain useful hints and tips on how to develop emotional resilience
2. Be more aligned with your emotions
3. Learn to understand emotive language
€12 (€10 out work / student) on the door
Very relaxed and interactive meetup,
We will have demonstrations, opportunity to practice in groups and a great social atmosphere.
7:30 - 8:15 Seminar
8:15 - 8:30 Coffee break
8:30 - 9:20 Seminar wrap up
9:20 Onwards: Informal Social chat
Open to everyone to join and then socialize
Free tea/ coffee and biscuits and healthy snacks
FREE PARKING AT THE REAR OF THE BUILDING
When you drive into to the Lantern centre, continue right to the end where you'll find a number of parking spaces.
How to find us
• If you are coming the city centre by foot, go up Harcourt St ( away from the city centre ) and continue walking parallel with the luas line until you can't go any further. At this the luas takes a sharp left, you turn right.
• After the right turn, continue straight past one set of traffic lights until you meet a 2nd set of lights. There will be a spar on the opposite side of the road on your left. Cross over the road continuing in a straight line. You are now on Harrington St.
• You will walk past a cafe called Tiesan, there will be a laneway after the cafe, don't take this right but the following one.
• You are now on Synge St, walk down Synge St for about 200 metres and the Lantern is on your left handside.
• Walk in the main entrance between a red brick and grey brick building. The entrance will be 50 metres up on the left hand side.
There will be meetup signs outside