Sober Slice Message Board A sober slice of Dublin Discussion Forum › Suggestions for Meet Ups

Suggestions for Meet Ups

Alan
user 24513112
Dublin, IE
Post #: 6
Hi folks

Starting a discussion here to see what everyone's thoughts are regarding the meet ups currently on offer from this group and... does anyone want to offer their thoughts on what other meet ups we can have?

I'm hoping to arrange meet ups for:
National History Musuem tour.
Kilmainham Gaol tour.
Malahide Castle tour - when it reopens.
Avenue Q at the Grand Canal Theatre in April.
The Phantom of the Opera at the Grand Canal Theatre in August.
A Monthly Saturday 2 hour walk and lunch afterwards.
Weekly Tuesday meet ups for coffee / chat varying between Bewley's Grafton Street and Costa Dame Street.
Weekly Thursday meet ups for cinema in Cineworld (so I get to use my Unlimited card!)

We seem to get at least 1 to 2 new members every day so as the group continues to get bigger it'd be good for people to contribute with thoughts and comments!

Let's hear you!

Alan

smile
Mary M.
MaryMcManus
Dublin, IE
Post #: 1
Hi Alan

I think you're doing a great job!

Personally love the Saturday walk idea with lunch, but it's nice to see a bit of variety as well, so that there always seems to be something to do if you're at a loose end.
I do agree that folks should change their RSVP if not attending events, as the no shows must be frustrating for the organizer!
I've really enjoyed any meet ups I attendend so far - since November 2011 - and hope to enjoy many more in 2012 wink

Regards
Mary :-)))
Alan
user 24513112
Dublin, IE
Post #: 10
Hi everyone.

I'll be adding 12 to 15 new meetups for our group to the site over the next 2 to 3 days.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what we can do or where we can go, feel free to email us if you don't want to host them yourself or if you do just add them under suggestions and I'll announce them without you needing to have 3 people RSVP Yes.

Thanks.

Alan.
Carl M
user 14507384
Dublin, IE
Newbridge Demesne, House and traditional farm

Meeting point: Irish Rail Donabate station (map)
Meting time: 1.05 pm Sat 25 August

Selected By: Carl Marshall

This is Newbridge Estate, Donabate, Co Dublin, NOT Newbridge, Co Kildare.

The house, farm and grounds are managed in a traditional manner and give a great 18th century feeling. Starting from Donabate Station we will do a walk of approx 1 hr 10 mins and people will then have a chance to visit the farm, house and coffee shop. The admission price to the farm is 4 euros (3.50 for groups of 10 or more) and 7 euros to the house (5.50 for groups).

Anyone deciding to visit the farm will have an opportunity to get up close and personal with a variety of animals and birds and may see some being born. Dogs welcome on the estate but not on the farm as they do not get on well with the geese, peacocks and other animals.

Features of our walk will be a traditional village green and parish pump, an ancient church with a lovely sundial clock, a herd of captive red deer and two small castles/ tower houses. Some great photo opps.

There is parking at the station for 3 euros (2 euros apparently if arranged by text)
Mona
user 13203371
Dublin, IE
Anyone interested in the RDS Horse Show?

Mona
A former member
Post #: 4
Anyone interested in the RDS Horse Show?

Mona

YES....when it is?
MG
user 4000129
Dublin, IE
Post #: 12
hi alan,

i am interesred in mid week activities because i work on weekends.

You are doing very well and many thanks for your commitment-

Maria
A former member
i like the bewleys meetup idea, i couldn't join last tuesday but i'll definitely attend next tuesday if the event is repetead. The time is a little awkward for me but i should make it.

cheers
A former member

• Replace this text with the first item of your list
  • Replace this text with the next item
  • You can add more items by adding lines that start with a

Hi I was wondering if anyone would be interested in day trips ?
I don't have much money as I'm a student but I do Kbps of some great companies that do say trips to Belfast and giants causeway etc for just 35 euro . Anyways let me know what everyone thinks here's the link to that site for affordable day trips http://www.smarttour....­