Jon H.
user 9387762
Group Organizer
Rowland Heights, CA
Post #: 59
Hey Everyone,

The most recent mix was a request by Mr. Anton Boyd to use the incredible Mr. Belafonte's speech, so I've done what little I could with it. Thankfully, Mr. Belafonte's speech really lent itself to what I was trying to achieve, so I think it turned out well.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am always happy to take requests, so please feel free to call/text/email me, or post here. You can also feel free to post comments or constructive criticism here as well. I'm always interested in hearing feedback...as long as it doesn't cross the line into hate-speech. =P But of course, if you don't think that my posts are appropriate for the club, and should be conducted off the website, you can always feel free to call/text/email me that as well...although I DO hope that everyone is enjoying the mixes.

Hope to see you at the next meetup!!
Jon
Brendon
bd36576
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 15
Hey JH,
Are you talking about mixtapes? Or single remixes of tracks/spoken word/etc?

Cheers,
Brendon
Jon H.
user 9387762
Group Organizer
Rowland Heights, CA
Post #: 60
Hey JH,
Are you talking about mixtapes? Or single remixes of tracks/spoken word/etc?

Cheers,
Brendon

Hey Brendon,

I just do mixes of political speeches/interviews/etc with hip hop beats (mostly underground stuff). It's nothing spectacular, it's just a little hobby of mine. I've been posting the new mixes that I've been working on in the files section (http://www.meetup.com...­. I just got my first request for a specific speech, so I just thought that I would let everyone know that I am always open for more requests for speakers or music to be used since there are a few people listening to them now.

Thanks!
Jon
Brendon
bd36576
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 17
very cool, dude! I love this. I'm listening to Rosa Parks now. Well done!
Jon H.
user 9387762
Group Organizer
Rowland Heights, CA
Post #: 61
Thanks Brendon! I really appreciate it! =)
Jon H.
user 9387762
Group Organizer
Rowland Heights, CA
Post #: 65
Hey Folks,

Just an FYI for anyone following this thread. A couple of new tracks had been put up recently. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to work on these much lately, but hearing that Frederick Douglass speech again, especially so close the the 4th of July, was a great motivator to get back at it.

Any, enjoy!
Jon
Jon H.
user 9387762
Group Organizer
Rowland Heights, CA
Post #: 69
Hey again Folks,

For anyone that's interested, 2 new tracks just went up today.

Enjoy!
Jon
Brendon
bd36576
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 29
The Carlin track is great.
Jon H.
user 9387762
Group Organizer
Rowland Heights, CA
Post #: 71
Hey Mr. Brendon and anyone else that still tracking this discussion,

I just realized that I had posted a few tracks without posting here, so there are a few new ones for anyone that's interested in checking them out. Hopefully you'll find something that you enjoy. =)

Have a great one!
-Jon
Brendon
bd36576
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 35
I like the most recent one about "manning up". Fantastic mix, dude.

At some point, should you feel inclined, it would be great to hear you work your magic on top of this reading of Pulse of the Morning. I have pasted a link below where the the poem has always spoken to me. That said, the entire poem is great.

https://www.youtube.c...­