So...on 10/21/2013, it's your fearless leader's birthday! How does Chris want to celebrate? By going HERE:
After being mesmerized and blown away by the 10/5 screening of (the EPIC & ABSOLUTELY AMAZING) "Gravity" at the newly supersized TCL Chinese Theatre, Chris and the Fanatics will make a speedy return to this theatre to see it AGAIN on Sunday October 20th - the day before his birthday!
ABOUT THE MOVIE: Dr. Ryan Stone (Sandra Bullock) is a brilliant medical engineer on her first shuttle mission, with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalsky (George Clooney) in command of his last flight before retiring. But on a seemingly routine spacewalk, disaster strikes. The shuttle is destroyed, leaving Stone and Kowalsky completely alone--tethered to nothing but each other and spiraling out into the blackness. The deafening silence tells them they have lost any link to Earth...and any chance for rescue. As fear turns to panic, every gulp of air eats away at what little oxygen is left. But the only way home may be to go further out into the terrifying expanse of space.
Check out this extended trailer - which is a mashup of all the Gravity trailers released up to this point:
ABOUT THE CHANGES MADE TO THE THEATRE: Grauman's Chinese Theatre has a brand new name - TCL Chinese Theatre (TCL is an overseas electronics company who paid a hefty sum of $$$ for naming rights to this Hollywood icon). The owners have made the BOLD decision to convert the legendary theatre from a traditional sloped floor 35/70MM projected palace to a stadium seating IMAX theatre. Visit Chinese's website to get the 411 on this IMAX conversion. To see how they transformed the world's most famous movie theatre, check this out:
WHAT TIME IS THE SHOW?
• Showtime is at 4:15 PM
HOW DO I BUY MY TICKETS?
• Tickets on sale now online at Chinese Theatres. Choose the 10/20 4:15 Gravity IMAX showtimes. You will then be rerouted to Movie Tickets.com where you will do the actual purchasing of your ticket.
• TCL Chinese has joined the ranks of the other major theatres in town by becoming all reserved seating. Chris is sitting in Seat M-415. Choose seats in the same section when buying your tickets so we can sit together.
• REMINDER: This is not a free screening. All members are responsible for buying their own tickets.
HOW DO I FIND THE GROUP?
• The group is meeting for pre-movie coffee at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (located across the street from the theatre on Hollywood Blvd.) at 3:30 PM. Our SCMF sign (which is our group logo) will be at our table.
• Call/text Chris at (714)[masked] if you're running late or having trouble finding us.
WHAT ARE WE DOING AFTER THE MOVIE?
• IHOP on Sunset Blvd between Highland & La Brea for pre-birthday pancakes!