The Hollywood Remake Train comes barreling through the station again; this time carrying a gem from the 80's:
Yup...that 1987 classic that plunged a crime ridden Detroit into a living breathing future shock is getting the full reboot treatment - including a totally neutered PG-13 rating (the original was one of the most hardcore R rated action flicks of all time!). Chris and the Fanatics will experience this shiny new polished version on Saturday February 15th at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX!
THE (rebooted) PLOT: In "RoboCop," the year is 2028 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front. Alex Murphy (Joel Kinnaman) is a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilizes their remarkable science of robotics to save Alex's life. He returns to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, but with issues a regular man has never had to face before.
Check out the trailer:
WHAT TIME IS THE MOVIE?
Showtime is at 7 PM
HOW DO I BUY MY TICKETS?
• Tickets on sale online at TCL CHINESE THEATRE. You will be redirected to Movie Tickets.com to buy your actual ticket. THIS IS NOT A FREE SCREENING. Members are responsible for purchasing their own tickets.
• When your arrive at the theatre, pick up your pre-ordered tickets either at the TCL CHINESE 6 box office on the 3rd floor of the complex or at the credit card kiosks located at the entrance of the BIG theatre.
WHERE IS THE GROUP SITTING?
Row M \ Seat 415
HOW DO I FIND THE GROUP?
• The group will be sampling the eclectic cuisine at Vegas Seafood Buffet - located a few doors down from the theatre at 7021 Hollywood Blvd. #110. Our SCMF sign will be at our table. If 12 folks confirm for dinner, Chris will make reservations for the group. ALL DINNER ATTENDEES MUST BE PRESENT WHEN GROUP IS SEATED AT 5 PM. Please specify in the COMMENTS section if you're joining us for dinner.
• We will be at the restaurant till we head for the theatre at 6:30 PM.
• Call/text Chris @[masked] if you're running late or having trouble finding us.
WHERE'S THE BEST PLACE TO PARK?
The Hollywood & Highland Center offers $2.00 parking for 4 hours with TCL Chinese validation. Street parking is an option for the surrounding neighborhoods. But check those meters! We don't want anyone to get shredded by an ED-209 for parking in the wrong spot. :)