May 18, 2013 · 1:15 PM
This location is shown only to members
COME FORTH ALL SCI-FI FANS, TREKKIES & TREKKETTES!
Please join us for the highly-anticipated sequel of one of this summer's blockbusters by those folks at Bad Robot studios - "Star Trek Into Darkness: IMAX 3D" (http://www.startrekmovie.com/) on May 18, 2013 at AMC Universal CityWalk. All seating is reserved in the IMAX auditorium. I highly recommend that you install the "Into Darkness" app to stay up-to-date on ticket sales and availability from iTunes or Google Play.
Damon Lindelof talks about the storyline of the sequel and the new bells and whistles they’ll be adding to it to make it one wicked space flick. While the second movie will be “bigger” in scale than the first movie, the writer makes certain that nothing will be overshadowing the real story of Star Trek 2 — the relationships of the Enterprise crew.
In "Star Trek", the greatest adventure of all time began with "Star Trek," the incredible story of a young crew's maiden voyage on board the most advanced starship ever created: the U.S.S. Enterprise. On a journey filled with action, comedy and cosmic peril, the new recruits must find a way to stop an evil being whose mission of vengeance threatens all of mankind.
The fate of the galaxy rested in the hands of bitter rivals. One, James T. Kirk (Chris Pine), a delinquent, thrill-seeking Iowa farm boy. The other, Spock (Zachary Quinto -- yay ... Sylar), was raised in a logic-based society that rejects all emotion. As fiery instinct clashed with calm reason, their unlikely but powerful partnership was the only thing capable of leading their crew through unimaginable danger, boldly going where no one has gone before!
- Trivia: The voices of the 1960s which played over the "Star Trek" trailer were intended to link the film to the present day; John F. Kennedy in particular was chosen because of similarities with the character of James T. Kirk and because he is seen to have "kicked off" the space race.
- MOVIE TIME: 1:40 in the Imax Stadium 19
- I have seat H16. Please buy in this row or J behind it.
- Link to buy tickets:
- Please post your seat # in the comments section.
- Plan on meeting upstairs in front of auditorium #19 at 1:20 so that we can walk in as a group for our screening.
- The parking at Universal is $15, BUT bring your parking stub to the theatre customer service desk, and they'll give you $8 back.
- Don't scurry off after the movie!! We'll go to a yet to be determined restaurant after the movie to chat, eat, and drink. You'll be responsible to pay for your own food/drinks - please bring cash - it's much easier w/ a group!
- I'll send my cell phone # to the group the day before.