December 29, 2012 · 3:45 PM
This location is shown only to members
You're invited to join ~MC~ and the Fanatics for "Les Misérables" (https://www.facebook.com/LesMisMovie?fref=ts). All ArcLight screenings are reserved seating.
THE 411: Helmed by The King’s Speech’s Academy Award®-winning director, Tom Hooper. This production stars Hugh Jackman, Oscar® winner Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne, Aaron Tveit, Samantha Barks, with Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen.
Set against the backdrop of 19th-century France, Les Misérables tells an enthralling story of broken dreams and unrequited love, passion, sacrifice and redemption—a timeless testament to the survival of the human spirit. Jackman plays ex-prisoner Jean Valjean, hunted for decades by the ruthless policeman Javert (Crowe) after he breaks parole. When Valjean agrees to care for factory worker Fantine’s (Hathaway) young daughter, Cosette, their lives change forever.
The world’s longest-running musical brings its power to the big the sweeping and spectacular interpretation of Victor Hugo’s epic tale. With international superstars and beloved songs—including “I Dreamed a Dream,” “Bring Him Home,” “One Day More” and “On My Own”—Les Misérables, the show of shows, is now reborn as the cinematic musical experience of a lifetime.
FIRST-TIME SCMF Attendees: Please review our RSVP'ING FOR & ATTENDING SCMF EVENTS document here: http://www.meetup.com/socalmoviefanatics/messages/boards/thread/25157792
- We'll meet inside the ArcLight Cinemas Cafe at 3:45 pm before grabbing our popcorn. Showtime at 4:05 pm. When you RSVP -- *Yes*, I'll send contact information and where you should buy your reserved seat to sit with the group. PLEASE NOTE: All members are responsible for buying their own tickets, meals and beverages.
- Meet 'n greet at Papilles Bistro (http://www.papillesla.com) with a 3-course French dinner at 7:30 pm with 2 options for each course.
Menu for The Week of December 27, 2012
3 Courses - $38/pp:
- Du Puy Lentil Veloute’
- Smoked Opah, Condiments
- Market Fish, Turnips, Pea Coulis
- New York Strip Loin, Root Vegetables, Potato, Jus
- Due to limited restaurant seating, only those confirmed as attending this movie screening are invited to join us for dinner. Parking is available in their private lot. Street parking is also available. Check the street signs for any parking restrictions, especially if you are parked at a metered space.