Southern California Web Designers & Developers Message Board › Web Development classes??

Web Development classes??

rachael
user 68681182
Silverado, CA
Post #: 1
Hey all,

I've been searching quite a while for somewhere in SoCal to take in person web dev courses. I have a degree in computer science from UCI, so not looking to learn any basics of programming, etc., just need to learn stuff that is specific to web programming. Advanced CSS stuff, streamlining stuff, etc. Would much prefer to take in person classes, as I find it much more conducive to learning to be able to talk to others to discuss techniques and such. Any help you can offer would be appreciated! And something that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg (as I'm up to my waist in debt from UCI) would be nice...

Thanks in advance,

Rachael
Matti S
user 45954032
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 54
Southern California Code Camp is a great event for something like this. Checkout the various other groups around LA, drupal LA, and numerous other meetups will often have events with presentations and lectures which will be helpful. - Matti
Marcella M.
Marcella_M
Santa Monica, CA
Post #: 22
UCLA extension has some great courses as well as Cal State Fullerton extension.
Mario N.
MarioNoble
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 5
thanks for posting! I've been talking with some other group leaders and we might see if we can put something together. However, Web dev and design is pretty broad and honestly difficult to present properly even in a workshop setting. We might try doing a Basics Series. We'll see...
Matti S
user 45954032
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 75

also, there are numerous free classes available on the net, for example:
https://www.coursera....­

I did see a number of networking and programming classes when I briefly looked through it.
Anissa T.
anissat
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1
There is a small web design certificate program at CSU Dominguez Hills (right where the 91, 405 and 110 freeways meet!). It covers design and development using HTML5 and CSS3, as well as Adobe CS tools (Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Flash). I also network with a number of local Adobe training facilities if you want/need Adobe certification. Feel free to contact me if you're interested.