Sunday, October 31, 2010 6:28 PM
As you can see from the group (and this e-mail) I have become the new organizer for the month of November. I could only afford that much at this time, so towards the end of November, I will most likely be able to be here longer.
Here is something I really need the groups help from to keep me rolling as the Organizer:
1) I am sorry, I need Event Organizers and a Co-Organizer. It is a must. I have been working closely to 70 hours a week with my new job, and I am told that it will be normal for a very long time...which also means that I might be able to stay the organizer.
2) I have been tossing name changes around about the meet-up group and I have decided to go with "The Minneapolis/Saint Paul Social Hour Group." This means we don't need to have it on a Thursday, once a month, or for that matter, tomorrow either.
3) If luck has it and people are willing to step up as Event Organizers, things with this meet-up fee will be different. I am not going to charge you to be a part of this group, but, I am asking that if you are a event organizer, I ask that you put out a donation jar at your event. If you come to an event, we will ask that if you can donate $1.00, $2.00, or even a $10.00, it is more than appreciated. It will be put into a seperate account that I will have to create and then we can pay the meet-up fee, and we won't lose any organizers soon. If I cannot get your help, or anyone's help, then as of December 1st, I will step down. I don't know what my schedule is going to be like with hosting an event this month, but if I need to step out of the office one day, we will have a meet-up soon.
4) E-mails from members: With a hectic work schedule I check my e-mail only twice a week. This means if you send me an e-mail on a Tuesday, I will respond Wednesday night. If you send me an e-mail Thursday, I will respond Sunday night. Sunday and Wednesday nights they will be answered. I only ask that I get a meetup message.
5) To increase membership, I will let me other groups know, and maybe we can get other organizers from those groups as well.
That is it! I am happy to do this, absolutely the best thing, I have been told I should organize. I appreciate any help I can get, and wish you a wonderful new month and new night and I hope you were all safe this past Halloween.
Sincerely Your New Organizer for the month of November (and maybe more),