FREE Beginners Salsa Dance Lesson
Everyone is welcome to come !
Do you feel a bit rusty and need a refresher class ?
Want to learn some of the latest Latin Partner dances ?
How about meeting some new dancing friends ?
Let's get out and have some fun !
Dances: SALSA, Bachata, Cumbia, Rueda, Merengue, etc.
Learning to Partner Dance is a good social skill to learn and utilize. It will give you greater confidence to approach and mingle with people at more social events. Here's your opportunity to get acquainted with Partner Dancing and meet some New Friends.
This will also be a good "refresher / review" for those who have done some Partner Dancing before. Don't worry about partnering up. There will be a lot of people there. Everyone will have an opportunity to rotate and switch partners. I may be busy, so feel free to approach everyone and say "HI". Maybe we can chat, hang out or go for a drink after the class. It will be fun !
No Dance Partner necessary, since they will be "rotating" everyone around the room. There will be many other people there (some from my other groups). Just introduce yourselves, when you move to another new dance partner.
Date: Friday, March 7, 2014
Time: 6:45 p.m. "Meet & Greet" + Registration
Dance Lesson: 7:00 p.m. (about 1 hour)
BONUS >>> Mini-"Social" Party <<< 8:00 p.m. (about 45 minutes)
Location: Diego's Studio (World Dance Co.)
4858 Imperial Street (at Nelson), Burnaby
(2 blocks east of Metrotown Mall - at the corner of Nelson St. + Imperial St.)
Cost: FREE Lesson (by a World Champion)
Capacity: There is a limit of 30 people Maximum Limit from this group.
We had over 100 people there last time and it was very cozy.
Please arrive 15 minutes earlier for our "Meet & Greet" and "pre-registration". Introduce yourseves to each other. Don't be shy!
> Meet us inside at 6:45 p.m. at the N.E. Corner (by the Entrance). Please don't be late. <
* No partner is necessary. Let us know if you are coming with a guest and their name.
* Your Shoes: Please wear a pair of dry, clean, smooth-bottom (non-treaded) shoes. Running shoes are also O.K., for this floor.
Let's Dance !
Watch this YouTube Link of Dance School Performance:
Some comments from before:
- Instructor was excellent. Systematic approach to dancing and a good sense of humour.- Very informative had lots of fun and I will be back!
- I had a blast! I've been wanting to learn these steps since 2009. The teacher knows how to teach well and systematically. I feel like I went home with the basic knowledge of salsa dancing and can practice at home until I want to learn a new skill level.
- It was a good class, thanks a lot John for organizing it !
- I love dancing but it is a good idea to review some basic steps and practice a lot!
- It was great to learn from a world champion.
- Good, had fun.
See You There !!!