40 Something Club Message Board › Students at the "Porgy and Bess" Dress Rehearsal July 27th

Students at the "Porgy and Bess" Dress Rehearsal July 27th

This message board is read-only.

Claudette
DivaBiker
Redmond, WA
Wanted to pass this along from the Seattle Opera's Education department. Due to my schedule with the show, I won't be able to host this as an event, but if you are interested in hosting, please do. Please share with anyone who would be interested.

Claudette

Meetup Organizer

"Porgy and Bess" Chorus and Alto Soloist

--------------------------------------­---------------------------

I wanted to write to let you know that we bring school children, music students, church choirs, and other youth programs to our dress rehearsals of each opera during the season and I wanted to find out if you might have any young people that would be interested in seeing the final dress rehearsal of our production of Porgy and Bess on July 27th at 7pm.

On the night of the rehearsal we offer a short preview of the opera for students that will take place from 5:00-6:00 on July 27th . These interactive and lively presentations explore the art form of opera with a particular emphasis on the production they are about to see and your students would be welcome to attend this preview.

There is a small fee to participate in this program, $8 per person, but it is an excellent opportunity for students to see what opera is all about! Please contact me if this sounds like a program that you might be interested in this summer, as well as for the rest of the Seattle Oepra season. I can be reached via email at: seneca.garber@seattleopera.org­
Or by telephone at: 206.676.5567

I hope that you have some students who can join us for this exciting production of Porgy and Bess!

Best,

Seneca Garber
Education Associate
Seattle Opera