addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Fort Lauderdale Socrates Cafe Meetup Group Message Board Past Message Board › Today is a great day for a discussion

Today is a great day for a discussion

Dr. Norman R. W.
normwise
Group Organizer
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Dear members,
Today at 2:30 PM we will be having a discussion on why the Christian church has been the source of so much evil and hypocrisy.  How can an institution that is founded on a message of love be at times so very unloving.
When I began Socrates Cafe in 2007 I wanted to have a place where people of different world views could discuss and strive to understand each others points of view while seeking to use rational discussion as a means of deepening everyone's outlooks.  I think that we have had many experiences of that over the years.
For some of you that have never made it I hope you will make it a goal to come to at least one of our meetings in 2013.  It is worth one Sunday afternoon of your life.  You may find you would really like it.
Hope to see you today
For Truth,
Dr. Norm