The Redmond Socrates Cafe Meetup Group Message Board › Hope to see you Thursday + an idea

Hope to see you Thursday + an idea

Scott B.
user 3294537
Group Organizer
Redmond, WA
Hi Redmond Socrates gang:

Hope to see you this Thursday, at the first meetup of 2011! Perhaps you have a philosophy on new years resolutions you can share. As Chesterton wrote, “The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul”. But then again, Twain said, "[new years] is the time to make annual good intentions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.”

In other news: I've been thinking we should start a blog, where we can post topics of conversation and discuss them online in between our monthly meetups.  It will help keep interesting conversations going, and perhaps spark some new ones as well. If you're interested let me know.

Cheers,

-Scott
Baron S.
BaronSchaaf
Seattle, WA
Post #: 6
Well, have a blog post I finally submitted today that talks about the Ring of Truth.The Ring of Truth is "Precious".

I may go back and add two or three more penultimate paragraphs, but I hope it is sufficient to spark conversation. I am pleased to hear any comments.