The topic for this month's meetup is: "What is the value of privacy?"
Social networks have allowed users to be public about their lives in ways that may have seemed unthinkable a generation ago. In an article in the Independent, Julian Baggini argues that this actually marks a return to a way of life that was common many years ago, while raising questions about the significance of privacy and and how much of it a society ought to have. We'd like to address this, and related issues, in a general discussion about what privacy means to us.
1) We will hold the discussion at Gonpachi from 3:00pm to 5:00pm, then move to Failte for more open discussion afterward.
2) If this is your first time joining us, please note that Meetup's map for Gonpachi is incorrect! The correct location can be seen here on Google Maps. Also, information about Failte can be found at their webpage.
3) Though there is no charge for the meetup, please order at least a drink or a snack at Gonpachi as they have been kind enough to allow us to use their space without any charge.
4) Please keep your RSVP as up-to-date as possible, even if you're updating on the morning of the meeting.
5) Please try to be on time. If you'll be more than 30 minutes late, please consider joining us after we finish around 5:00pm.