The topic for this month is: Should gambling be legal?
A recent BBC Travelwise column surveys how gambling is regulated throughout the world, along with a discussion of its social and economic impacts. Such issues are increasingly relevant in Japan, where government officials are pushing for legal changes that would allow for the creation of casinos in Tokyo and elsewhere.
We'd like discuss why people engage in gambling, its costs and benefits, and the outlook for its place in society.
1) We will hold the discussion at Gonpachi from 3:00pm to 5:00pm, then move to Failte for more open discussion afterward.
2) If this is your first time joining us, please note that Meetup's map for Gonpachi is incorrect! The correct location can be seen here on Google Maps. Also, information about Failte can be found at their webpage.
3) Though there is no charge for the meetup, please order at least a drink or a snack at Gonpachi as they have been kind enough to allow us to use their space without any charge.
4) Please keep your RSVP as up-to-date as possible, even if you're updating on the morning of the meeting.
5) Please try to be on time. If you'll be more than 30 minutes late, please consider joining us after we finish around 5:00pm.