The topic for this month is "How can technology change the way we learn?"
As new ways of communicating make access to information increasingly open and free, we'd like to discuss the outlook for future of learning, as well as the role and purpose of formal education.
The following materials may provide you with some initial ideas on the subject:
- An introduction to the "flipped classroom" by the FlippedClassroom team at MediaCore
- A proposal for a new classroom format by the Joel Rose of New Classrooms
- A discussion on the future of online education by Thomas Friedman at the New York Times
Please note that in order to accommodate as many people as possible, we will be holding two events at the same time. If you RSVP and are on the "Yes" list, please meet us at Gonpachi as listed in this announcement. Those on the waiting list are welcome to join the alternate meetup at Failte, which will be described further in the event comments.
1) We will hold the discussion at Gonpachi from 3:00pm to 5:00pm, then move to Failte for more open discussion afterward.
2) If this is your first time joining us, please note that Meetup's map for Gonpachi is incorrect! The correct location can be seen here on Google Maps. Also, information about Failte can be found at their webpage.
3) Though there is no charge for the meetup, please order at least a drink or a snack at Gonpachi as they have been kind enough to allow us to use their space without any charge.
4) Please keep your RSVP as up-to-date as possible, even if you're updating on the morning of the meeting.
5) Please try to be on time. If you'll be more than 30 minutes late, please consider joining us after we finish around 5:00pm.