Socrates Cafe Tokyo Meetup Group Message Board › June's Topic

June's Topic

A former member
Post #: 1
I don't know how set the prostitution topic is, but I wanted to give some other suggestions while they're still fresh in my mind from today's discussions.

Role of government in economies
Genetically modified food, pesticides
Take advantage of countries with fewer civil rights or environmental protection, give foreign aid
Extent and composition of compulsory education
Size and quality of prison systems, death penalty
Freedom of information, censorship, product labeling
Patent and copyright systems
Reverse discrimination
Miki
MikiMiki25
New York, NY
Post #: 56
Hey Chris,

Great meeting you today, glad you enjoyed the meetup.

And thanks for the topic idea suggestions. We haven't decided on/set anything in stone for June, so we're open to ideas. We've got a list going among us organizers, so I'll add your suggestions to it. We usually decide a couple weeks before the next meetup, so we've all got a chance to mull things over and make suggestions, etc.

Miki :)
Danny
user 10342467
Tokyo, JP
Post #: 5
I like Chris' idea of government in ecomomies or more broadly about the what should we do about the future of the world economy given the latest economic crisis

Also I like the extent and composition of compulsory education, what should education be like.

and his idea abou reverse discrminaton sounds interesting.

Also and Hemel's we got into talking about the news of the base on Okinawa and America's role as global policeman good or bad, or more broadly is war or violence ever justified.