South Florida iPhone Meetup Group Message Board › In App Purchases make MORE than what people PAY for apps

In App Purchases make MORE than what people PAY for apps

Damian M.
DamianMontero
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Post #: 318
We've all heard it before, even though it makes no sense, but "freemium" way of selling on your app is the best way.

Plenty of people would never pay $0.99 on "smurfville" but WILL spend $100 in "IN-APP PURCHASES"

So regardless that our platform (iPHone) makes MORE "spent per user" than android, it's clear you should be GIVING away your app

http://techcrunch.com...­
Chris B.
keyvisuals
West Palm Beach, FL
Post #: 8
I totally agree. I myself have a few free apps where I took of advantage of IAP. I used it both in a traditional and a non-traditional way. First off as an indie dev. most of my free apps are ad supported (sorry but I need to pay bills) so in a few I have implemented IAP to allow the purchase of ad-removal. The apps are fully functional but users have the option to remove the "annoying" advertisements. Now in some cases I have implemented IAP more traditionally where the user can purchase additional content and as an added incentive ad removal is included in the .99. I was weary as to whether or not users would purchase any of the additional content &/or the ad removal but I have been pleasantly surprised.

I am currently using Urban Airship for my IAP. It is so simple to implement.