Madison Area Software Developers Meetup Group Message Board › Senior Web Developer
|A former member||
For over 30 years, LAMPS PLUS has been synonymous with excellence in the lighting retail industry. Established in 1976, LAMPS PLUS is the nation’s leading specialty lighting company, with over 40 showrooms throughout the western United States and LampsPlus.com, one of Internet Retailers Top 150 websites. Each year, over five million customers shop our stores and online for the largest selection of decorative lighting and ceiling fans, along with furniture and home accessories, to suit all décor styles.
SENIOR WEB DEVELOPER – Madison, WI
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Hands on coding of back end and middle tier application layers for high traffic consumer facing websites.
• Basic wiring up of presentation and data layers.
• Implement solutions for both short-term, rapid fire tasks on a high volume production basis as a single developer as well as long term multi-month projects working as part of a large team.
• Analyze information from use cases, business requirements documentation, subject matter experts, and other developers to help define, design, and implement world class eCommerce solutions.
• Work with Chief Architect, Application Layer Architect and Presentation Layer Architect to form standardized application frameworks.
• Work on and with teams comprised of other Software Architects, Senior and Mid level Back End Developers, Front End Developers, Production staff, SQL DBA, Project Managers, Business Analysts, QA and Change Control as well as with stakeholders and stakeholder groups.
• Mentor less senior developers and help project manage select large initiatives.
• Experienced Senior C# ASP.NET developer with exposure to consumer facing websites.
• Senior knowledge of .NET 3.5 and 4.0, WCF, MVC, Entity Framework, Web Services, n tier applications, factory patterns, Linq, Transact SQL, and Test Driven Development.
• Visual Studio 2010/2008, SQL Server 2008/2005.
• Previous experience with Perforce, Resharper, Jira, profiling tools, caching systems and MQ Series are a plus.
• Good communication skills. Team player.
• Must be able to work under deadline pressure. Working hours are normally 40 hours per week but there will be exceptions when needed.
How to Apply:
Please contact me directly. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including 401k with employer matching contribution, generous employee discounts and much more.
Lamps Plus is an equal opportunity employer.