Madison Area Software Developers Meetup Group Message Board › Senior Web Developer/Release Manager Position Available
Schilling Consulting LLC, located in Madison, WI, has a position opening for a Senior Web Developer/Release Manager. The company’s primary business involves the development and support of OASIS (Online Access to Student Information and Scheduling), a web-based course scheduling and student information system for medical schools.
Our company provides a challenging, creative work environment without the bureaucratic constraints of a large corporate structure. Work with a small, collaborative team to improve and enhance an established, mature product. This position offers a high degree of autonomy, with the possibility of working remotely after a probationary period.
The Web Developer will be responsible for programming a web application written in Perl and for assisting with production server updates.
• Develop new features and expand existing features within a mature product
• Develop and maintain database structure including optimizing queries and indexes.
• Assist in updating servers with new releases.
• Assist in scripting common tasks across multiple servers.
• Maintain standards for development, code management and documentation.
• 7 or more years of experience programming in Perl.
• Must have experience working on a command line and scripting routine procedures.
• Must have experience with SQL server databases, specifically PostgreSQL and Oracle.
• Experience with HTML::Mason and SOAP is a plus.
This is currently a limited term position, but has the potential to transition to a permanent position.
Salary range: $60,000-80,000 commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume with a brief introductory email. email@example.com. Feel free to email with questions about the position.