So much of moving traditional test teams towards agile methods & testing is focused towards the individual tester and testing techniques. As often is the case in agility—directors, managers, team leaders and test-centric project managers are sort of marginalized. But not in this workshop! Here we want to focus on agile testing from the perspective of the Test Leader. We’ll examine some of the greatest challenges when it comes to leading a testing team from traditional towards agile testing and explore real-world strategies for adopting and thriving in agile environments.
Some of the key challenge areas that come into play for Traditional Test Managers in their agile adoptions include:
• Learning what “true” Agility looks like – the Core Tenants
• Team transformation—identifying skills gaps and how to fill them quickly
• Hiring great agile testers; exploring strategies for handling testers who don’t “fit”
• Participating in defining & executing your Agile Pilot and developing an Agile Adoption Strategy
• How to define Quality Criteria that drives agile deliverables
• Partnering with your Product Owners on creating “Executable Requirements”
• Championing & fostering quality across the team; quality up-front; Quality as a Team Responsibility
• How to adjust, but still provide metrics, traceability, data, release decision-making guidance to your broader organization
• Learning the significant impact agility has to your traditional tools and automation approaches and how to adopt (simple, open source, multi-sourced, cross-team) tooling strategies
We’ll explore some of these (based on your interest) within the workshop. You’ll leave with strategic ideas for how to effectively transition your test organization to Agile…
Speaker: Bob Galen, BIO
Bob Galen is an Agile Methodologist, Practitioner & Coach based in Cary, NC. In this role he helps guide companies and teams in their pragmatic adoption and organizational shift towards Scrum and other Agile methods and practices. He is currently the Director of R&D and Agile Coach at iContact, an email marketing SaaS provider. He is also President and Principal Consultant for RGCG, LLC. Bob has held director, manager and contributor level positions in both software development and quality assurance organizations. He has over 25 years of experience working in a wide variety of domains at companies including Bayer, Bowe–Bell & Howell Mail Processing, ChannelAdvisor, EMC, Lucent, Unisys and Thomson.
Bob regularly speaks at international conferences and professional groups on topics related to software development, project management, software testing and team leadership. He is a Certified Scrum Master Practicing (CSP) since 2004, Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), and an active member of the Agile Alliance & Scrum Alliance. In 2009 he published the book Scrum Product Ownership – Balancing Value from the Inside Out. The book addresses the gap in guidance towards effective agile product management. You can find the book here - http://tinyurl.com/cv...
Bob may be reached directly at – [masked] or [masked] and for more information – www.rgalen.com
Location: iContact, Meridian Parkway, Durham
Meeting starts at 6:30pm (doors open at 6:00)
If you are a paid TISQA Member ($35 annually) the meeting is free. Non-paid members - $5 at the door.