TISQA Message Board › Test Manager Position
SoftPro is the nation's leading provider of real estate closing and title insurance software. A division of Fidelity National Financial (NYSE: FNF), SoftPro’s technology solutions are used in thousands of law firms and title companies throughout the country and are an essential part of residential and commercial Real Estate transactions. SoftPro is located in North Raleigh and is a great alternative to driving in RTP traffic each day!
SoftPro is seeking a well-rounded Agile Software Test Manager to be a part of our growing Research and Development team in Raleigh, NC.
The Software Test Manager is a coach, mentor and guide for agile teams and contributes to analyzing and designing high-quality testing solutions that meet customer expectations. The position leverages software testing practices throughout the delivery life-cycle. This position recommends and utilizes testing tools to validate functionality and executes automated and manual tests and documents results.
A professional demeanor, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively within a team environment are essential. This is an opportunity to set an example for multiple software development teams on standards and processes for how software testing will be performed across our organization.
Candidates must demonstrate experience on agile software testing efforts and creating test strategies for product initiatives in a fast paced environment. In addition to being skilled in analysis, candidates must demonstrate a strong understanding of software test design, test execution and engineering practices. An understanding of automated testing concepts and exposure to off-the-shelf or open source test automation tools is a must. This is a hands-on technical position and candidates must demonstrate a high level of technical aptitude, some programming ability, excellent problem-solving skills and the drive to succeed.
In this position, the Software Test Manager will …
• Guide and Mentor project team members to jointly deliver high quality business solutions consistent with project objectives and constraints.
• Drive test automation and framework development
• Guide and mentor load and performance testing initiatives
• Mentor team members in test planning, test automation, test environment setup/tear-down, exploratory and manual testing, defect logging and verification.
• Independently examine test results to confirm that proper testing was performed and correct results were obtained
• Continuously re-evaluate the test strategy to adjust for new information, changing risks, shifting priorities and schedules.
• Coach team members to work collaboratively as part of the development team with product managers, software engineers, and architects to define and execute tests in user story planning, execution and retrospective activities
• Is influential and engages actively in building out a dynamic and productive development organization and continuously improving practices and methodology
• Occasional travel is required
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading medium and large size QA teams successfully in Software Testing and Automation
• 2+ years with agile development and with test automation methodology
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented programming (OOP), C# or Java (or any .NET-aware language), software testing principles and methodologies with a high commitment to quality
• Experience leading test team in development of automated scripts to accommodate automated regression testing
• Strong understanding and development of performance/load testing and test framework
• Experience with Virtual Machine technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V), experience setting up Windows operating systems, VM Templates, users, rights and software media
• Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2012, Windows Workflow Foundation and .NET 4.0 framework
• Quick learner, self-starter with strong customer service, troubleshooting and communication skills
• Work collaboratively and cohesively with all team members
• Must exhibit a high-level of analytical and technical skills
• Good knowledge on statistical analysis and code coverage tools
• Knowledge and experience on continuous integration
• Strong working knowledge in Database testing in SQL Server 2005/2008, ADO.NET or ADO, and solid understanding of relational database design
• Experience in financial systems preferred
Bachelor’s degree with five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Comparable IT industry experience will be considered in lieu of a degree and certifications.
Join us and live our Core Values
Deliver AMAZING Customer Service, Be an AWESOME Teammate, Adopt a Sense of Urgency, Innovate to be Efficient, Produce Quality Work, Take Initiative, Go the Extra Mile
Contact Alison Henderson: Alison.Henderson@SoftProCorp.com