Levels: 3.5 – 4.0
Cost: $5.00 Payable when checking in. CASH ONLY
Maximum #of Participants: 12
This is a round robin tournament where participants will play up 5 sets of 8 games of singles. Each player will receive 1 point for each game won, for a potential of 40 points. The top player will receive 40% of the pot from the entrance fees, each ($12 - $24). The second place male and female will receive 20% of the pot from the entrance fees, each ($6 - $12). Where there ties the pots will be split. The rest of the entrance fees will go towards tennis balls, etc. for the tournament. People are expected to bring their own water, nutrition, etc. that might be needed.
Initially there are only 6 spots open, with a wait list. Sign up on the wait list if spots are filled, because as soon as there are at least 2 people on the wait list, the number of spots for the tournament increase by 2. This process repeat until the max of 12 participants is reached, with a wait list in case people have to drop.
Registration and warm up begins at 8:30am, tournament starts promptly at 9:00am. All warms up need to happen before 9:00am.
Policies to make this competitive and fun:
1. Participate must be a member of the meetup group, no guest participants. This is so that it will be easy track names, who hasn’t shown up, etc. No drop-in players allowed. Fans of participants are welcome.
2. It is important that if you sign up and don’t change your RSVP to “NO” the night before, that you show up because the other players are dependent upon your presence in order to play. Being late will be considered a no show. Consequences of being a no show:
a. The first time this happens the person will be banned once from playing in any tournament level(s) that there skill level is appropriate for, that is scheduled next.
b. The second time this happens the person will be banned twice from playing in any tournament level(s) that there skill level is appropriate for, that are scheduled next.
c. The third time this happens the person will be banned from all tournaments.
3. If a player wins first place three times consecutively at one tournament level that they have signed up for (skipping a tournament at the same level is still consecutively) can no longer play at the tournament level if there is a higher level, i.e. If someone is playing at[masked] level tournament, they must now play at the[masked] level.
4. Wait list people are welcome to show up in case there is a no show and if there is a court open are welcome to play with other wait list people.
5. Organizers and event host reserve the right to change participants RSVP to NO if player’s skill level is significantly higher or lower level than the tournament level to keep it competitive.
Cancellation of tournament will happen if raining at time of tournament or wet courts. Policies are subject to change in order to keep it fun and competitive.
Refunds offered if:
Payments you make go to the organizer, not to Meetup. You must make refund requests to the organizer.
I decided to start Reno Motorcycle Riders Group because I wanted to be part of a group of people who enjoyed my passion... I was excited and nervous. Our group has grown by leaps and bounds. I never thought it would be this big.
— Henry, started Reno Motorcycle Riders