align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

South Jersey Photography Group Message Board South Jersey Photography Group Discussion Forum › Our Flickr space for posting and sharing images

Our Flickr space for posting and sharing images

Ed
Hi all, I thought last nights meeting went really well, at least for me it did. I got some great feedback on the topic sheet that went around and will share that with all of you when I get a chance to compile it.

For now, I wanted to pomote our Flickr board some more. It is here http://www.flickr.com...­

I believe, not sure, you have to sign up with Flickr before you can add this group to your list. It is easy and it is fee so I would encourage all of you who want to share and see to do this. I would also highly encourage all of us who do post images into this group to tag the images accordingly. Also, if it was submitted at a contest, put the month, the word contest, and the theme as three of the image's tags. So, if you submit an image that you used in the November meetup, tag it as:

"november contest orange ..."

Where "..." are any other tags you would like to use, such as "teapot" or "sky" or "leaves".

For those who don't get all of this, we could have a little Flickr tutorial session at one of the meetups just to speed you along.

That's all for now, I think I plan to post a poll of topics for the next session. There are a lot for me to choose from, so I will try to limit it to 5 or so.

-Ed
Brad B.
user 2971161
Cherry Hill, NJ
Post #: 44
It should be noted that if you have a Yahoo! account, you have a Flickr account (seeing how Yahoo! bought Flickr).

Brad
A former member
Post #: 78
It should be noted that if you have a Yahoo! account, you have a Flickr account (seeing how Yahoo! bought Flickr).

Brad

and you can use the same login and passwd from yahoo. Need help? Post a question.
Ed
ens8
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 65
If necessary, we can talk about how to sign up for Flickr and get on board with this at one of our Meetups with a live example.

I will let demand determine whether or not we should do this.
A former member
Post #: 2
Ive added a few photos..of my children of course :)
A former member
Post #: 58
FYI> I think it was also agreed the other night that we'll put a limit of uploading 3 photos per day to the group. (this may change in the future). Also the photos should represent your best - in that if you take 5 exposures of one images, there is no need to upload all 5 photos to the group.
In general, when I see that someone has added a photo, that usually tells me they have a bunch of new photos to check out, so I'll go to their individual page.
(I hope those who know flickr understand about the upload limit to the "group", and don't misunderstand this as a limit to their own personal accounts.) Can someone explain this better than I? :)