South Bay Game Development Meetup Group Message Board › One Game a Month Challenge

One Game a Month Challenge

Matthew H.
matthewhardnack
Group Organizer
Sunnyvale, CA
Hey Developers,

I wanted to let everyone know about the #OneGameAMonth challenge, it's an event that challenges you to create a game every month for the entire year. The goal is to make 12 games by the end of this year. Each game that you make will give you points counting toward your Level as a Developer, which means gamification for game development.

If you're interested in participating or already are participating I encourage you to use our Meetup Discussion board and our meetups to collaborate with others.

The purpose of OneGameAMonth is to incentivise you to make simple games and learn faster. The biggest hurdle is just getting started, so what do you have to lose? I look forward to seeing everyone's games!
Melissa
user 70930112
San Jose, CA
Post #: 1
Does everyone here have to be a game developer?I'm a designer. I guess I can do one ui. Design a month or calaborate with a developer.
Terry
mogumbo
Mountain View, CA
Ha! I'd never get my one game done if I did that :) Sounds fun, though.
Benjamin W.
benjaminwagner
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
I'm out of town at the moment, but I'd love to telecommute/tele-contribute lore, world design, dialogue/script or game mechanics to somebody's project.
Matthew H.
matthewhardnack
Group Organizer
Sunnyvale, CA
Post #: 3
You don't have to be a Game Developer to contribute or participate from my understanding. But obviously you would need to pair with a developer to get the game made.

I definitely recommend everyone to try it out though, it's a great learning experience!