addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Southbay Cruisers Community Bicycle Group Message Board › Bike Path, end to end, any takers?

Bike Path, end to end, any takers?

A former member
Post #: 2
Is anyone interested in doing the complete beach bike path ride from South Redondo to North Santa Monica, about 44 miles roundtrip? I came within 5 miles of it today, but turned around to conserve energy. I'm riding a 3 speed strand cruiser, about 8 mph, with a stop to eat. It was a six hour ride past all five piers: RB, HB, MB, Venice, and Santa Monica.

I can ride during the week and/or weekends. The beach is congested on weekends with summer crowds on the bike path.

If you're a speed demon on a racing bike, I cannot keep pace with you. julia
A former member
Post #: 5
Hi everybody. I did it today: 44 miles, all the way to Will Rogers State Beach in Pacific Palisades and back to Redondo. It was a milestone and not at all impossible. Let's step it up and do some distance.
A former member
Post #: 6
IMO riding with company makes a huge difference. We can do this!