Southbay Friends: Boardgames & More Message Board › Big Board Games Extravaganza in May

Big Board Games Extravaganza in May

Paul++
PolyPaul
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
Hi!

Looks like we're gonna have a very full group for the BGE on the 30th. I can see that I've got enough interest to blow the top off my cap of 36 people. I capped the event at 36 because my house may not be able to handle more than that. In order to help with the planning, please be sure to update your RSVP if your plans change, firm up, etc. Change your Maybe to a Yes if you're certain you're coming, for example. Also, with interest this high I have a question for everyone (which I will put out in the form of a poll): would you rather have the events more frequently? This will give more people a chance to play more often. Anyone out there willing to host an event (monthly, occasionally, whatever)? And the clincher, I'm committed to a monthly play-for-free event, but would you rather a weekly event with a small fee to help me cover the cost of doing it? If so, do we go Yugo ($2 per person, still potluck, but I hire "party help" for setup/cleanup) or Mercedes ($10 per person, nicely catered :-) ) or something in between, like a Hybrid ($5 per person, snacks & hostess provided)? I'd love to know your thoughts. Also...if weekly, I don't want it weekly on Friday night...instead weekly on -day evening would be better.

Again, my goal is to play games more often and in greater variety. Weekly events would do that, but that'd kill me if I try to do it as a weekly free event. So, I'll send out the poll. If I hear no feedback at all, I'll see about creating a $5/person event on some weeknight and see who likes to come to it...my Alpha-test game night.

...And thanks everyone for your enthusiasm about playing games!!

Paul++
rahulr
user 3075737
Mumbai, IN
Post #: 26
great ideas!well i think we could have it twice a month .that way we can have more people participate every month.
Yugo ($2 per person, still potluck, but I hire "party help" for setup/cleanup) or Hybrid ($5 per person, snacks & hostess provided)? both could be good deals.
Rahul
may 30 seems like a exciting friday of the month games and food .thats good!
A former member
Post #: 2
I definately am for the goal or having more game nights during the month. A month is far too long to wait to have another great time. I saw the little survey and I will give my input.