Southbay Friends: Boardgames & More Message Board › Opinions on Nuclear War/Weapons of Mass Destruction, Paranoia, Big Two, Arti

Opinions on Nuclear War/Weapons of Mass Destruction, Paranoia, Big Two, Artifact etc.?

Stephen
user 8794520
San Jose, CA
Post #: 4
Looking for your opinions on whether the following games sound interesting:

• Has anyone played Nuclear War/Weapons of Mass Destruction?
  • anyone interested in playing that, if I get it? According to reviews, it plays well with 2-6 players.

• Anyone out there who likes Paranoia, or can recommend similar? (Yes I know it's an RPG not a boardgame, do we play those?) I like the idea of a game where everyone gradually receives a (conflicting) hidden agenda which wrecks the nominal mission and melts down in an orgy of doublecross and betrayal. Are there any other more recent sick games like that?

• A fun poker-derivative game that can play in conjunction with a Holdem poker night is Big Two. It's an Asian poker-derivative climbing game with multiple rule variants. The Filipino variant (Pusoy Dos) is maybe the simplest, and the Vietnamese variant (Tien len) esp. with two decks for 5+ players is tactically the most interesting. Any interest?

• Artifact is a boardgame about exploring for ancient treasures, with bad reviews. Looking for a better one suitable for kids (10+), on a similar archaeology theme. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Stephen
A former member
Post #: 2
Looking for your opinions on whether the following games sound interesting:

• Artifact is a boardgame about exploring for ancient treasures, with bad reviews. Looking for a better one suitable for kids (10+), on a similar archaeology theme. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Stephen

• Lost Cities and Tikal are both Archeology themed games that my children (10+) and I have enjoyed playing.

Richard Bliss