align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

South BayGeo Meetup Message Board › WebMapSocial Update

WebMapSocial Update

Mono S.
user 9786382
Group Organizer
Mountain View, CA
Hello Members of WebMapSocial!
A few weeks ago I happily accepted the role as Organizer of this Meetup group along with the co-organizer Alec Dara-Abrams. Together we are excited about leading this group and offering you Meetups in the coming months. If you have suggestions or ideas, please feel free to contact us or use the Discussion Board on our Meetup group page.
About Mono: My current day job is at the University of California at San Francisco, working to develop an enterprise GIS for mapping facilities and assets, primarily for space utilization. I'm Director of GIS Education Center at City College of San Francisco and I lead Introductory and Intermediate GIS classes. I am also leading an effort to build a more cohesive community of geospatial technology users.
About Alec: I’m a computer scientist and software R&D engineer with a long-standing interest in geospatial science and technology. I’ve had a lot of fun working on distributed measurement  systems, smart sensors, and digital networks at HP Labs and at Sony. I’m especially interested in connecting the computational and physical (AKA “real”) worlds: an approach lately going under the name of the Internet of Things.
Thank you for being a member of our group. We look forward to seeing you at a WebMapSocial Meetup!
Cheers,
Mono & Alec